We hope the site helps you to find the information you need on the Town Council, Amesbury, and its surrounding area. Do feel free to send your comments or questions to us and we will do our best to help you further.
Amesbury is situated 8 miles north of Salisbury, with Salisbury Plain further to the north. The town is surrounded by an ancient landscape. The parish boundary of Amesbury encompasses the Neolithic site of Stonehenge - a world heritage site which attracts over a million visitors a year.
Amesbury is steeped in history. It is an older settlement than Salisbury, founded in 979 when an Abbey was built.
Over the past 30 years the town has seen major housing developments to the south, with Kings Gate the most recent, still under construction.
Amesbury Town Council
Notice of conclusion of audit
Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31 March 2019
Sections 20(2) and 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit Regulation 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. The audit of accounts for Amesbury Town Council for the year ended 31 March 2019 has been completed and the accounts have been published.
2. The Annual Governance & Accountability Return is available for inspection by any local government elector of the area of Amesbury Town Council on application to:
a) Mrs Wendy Bown, Town Clerk, The Bowman Centre, Shears Drive, Amesbury SP4 7XT
b) 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
3. Copies will be provided to any person on payment of £2 (c) for each copy of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return
Announcement made by : (d) Wendy Bown, Town Clerk
Date of announcement: (e) 11th September 2019
To view the official notice of Notice of conclusion of audit, Annual Governance Statement 2018/2019, Accounting statement 2018/19 and External Auditor Report and Certificate 2018/19 please click here.Read more
Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Urgent Close of: Pendragon Drive, Amesbury
WILTSHIRE COUNCIL HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that on 16 September 2019, the following length of road shall be closed to all traffic in the interests of public safety to enable Tarmac to carry out carriageway hand patching and associated maintenance works.
Pendragon Drive, Amesbury; from its junction with Boscombe Road to its junction with Porton Road.
Alterative route: via Boscombe Road - Porton Road and vice versa.
The closure and diversion route will be clearly indicated by traffic signs and access will be maintained for residents and businesses where possible throughout the works period.
These works will commence on 16th September 2019 and are anticipated to be required for 1 day between the hours of 07:00 - 19:00. This Notice will have a maximum duration of 5 days.
For further information regarding these works please contact Terry McKenna (Atkins) on 01225 730378
Sustainable Transport Group, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
Ref: AF/JUL2019Read more
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a Town Councillor
for the Town Ward listed below
Town Ward - Amesbury (Amesbury East Ward)
Number of Town Councillor to be elected - One
1. Forms of nomination for the Town Council Election may be obtained from the Returning Officer who will, at the rest of an elector for the above electoral area, prepare a nomination paper for signature. Nomination Papers can be obtained as follows:
- Downloading forms from the Wiltshire Council website: http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/council/elections/forthcomingelections
- Reception, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
- Reception, Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham SN15 1ER
- Reception, The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UZ
- Clerk to the Town Council or
- By telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112 for a set to be posted to you.
2. Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Returning Office, during office hours between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday, on any day after the date of this notice but must be received no later than 4pm on Friday 13th September 2019.
3. Nomination papers must be hand delivered only to the following locations:
- Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, BA14 8JN
- (Please ask for a member of the Electoral Services Team on arrival)
-The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP4 3UZ
- (Please ask for a member of the Electoral Services Team on arrival)
4. Please note that nomination papers MUST be received within the statutory timescales stated and hand delivered only or they will not be accepted. Nomination papers received through the post or by electronic means will NOT be accepted and will be deemed as not received in the prescribed manner.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 10th October 2019.
6. Applications for postal and postal proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Office at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8JN by 5pm on Wednesday 25th September 2019.
7. Amendments or cancellations to existing post, postal proxy and proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8JN by 5pm on Wednesday 25th September 2019.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Office at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8JN by 5pm on Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
9. A person can apply to vote by 'emergency' proxy if they learn they cannot go to the polling station because of their occupation, service or employment, or a medical condition, illness or disability arises after 5pm on Wednesday 2nd October 2019. The application must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8JN by 5pm on Thursday 10th October 2019.
11. Parish/Town Council must decide whether poll cards are sent when an election is requested and a poll is held. It is not a legal requirement to send poll cards.
Dated Thursday 5 September 2019
Dr Carlton Brand
Printing and published by the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
The recent work to the Disc Golf Course on Stockport Avenue has been completed.
The course has been created using R2 Fund (contributions from smaller developments around Amesbury)
The Pavilion was officially opened by the Mayor of Amesbury, Cllr Fred Westmoreland on Wednesday 24th July.
Photo's courtesy of Amesbury Printing Company
The recent work to the Bonnymead Pavilion has been completed.
The Pavilion has been completely re-wired and two new water boilers have been installed. The total cost of the revamp was just over £21,000. Amesbury Town Council contributed £5,000 towards the project. The rest of the money was from the Football Association, in the form of a grant.
The Pavilion was officially re-opened by the Deputy Mayor of Amesbury, Cllr Rhod Evans on Saturday 3rd August.
Photo's courtesy of Spencer Mullholland.
Amesbury is located in southern Wiltshire, eight miles north of Salisbury on the A345. It sits in the River Avon valley on the southern fringes of Salisbury Plain.
" Recent discoveries confirm that Amesbury is the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in Britain and has been home to people since just after the end of the Ice Age."