Wiltshire Local Plan 2016-2036– Consultations in progress to 9 March 2021
The Local Plan determines where and how development takes place. Planning applications by law are determined in accordance with the Local Plan ‘unless material considerations indicate otherwise’.
- Current Local Plan is the Wiltshire Core Strategy - it has a plan period of 2006 to 2026
- The Local Plan Review will update this and cover the period 2016 to 2036.
- It must plan positively to meet forecast development needs over this extended time horizon. Most notably it must plan to meet assessed housing needs. The assessment suggests another 350 houses in the Amesbury area.
The consultation asks for people’s views on three main topics to directly influence the Local Plan content before it is drafted:
- What should be the future scale of growth?
- What should be the local priorities for delivering sustainable growth?
- Where should development take place?
All information can be found on Wiltshire Council’s website via
Post to: Spatial Planning, Economic Development and Planning, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Trowbridge, BA14 8JQ.
A separate consultation is taking place on the proposed scope and content of the Gypsies and Travellers Development Plan Document. This will address permanent and temporary accommodation needs of Wiltshire’s travelling community up to 2036 including identification of sites - seeks views on level of need and approach to identifying sites See http://wiltshire.gov.uk/planning-gypsy-travellers for more information.