Highways and Drainage Remedial Works
Princess Way, Kings Gate, Amesbury
As you are probably aware, we are well overdue to undertake the remedial works plus surfacing along the whole length of Princess Way, the extent of works starts at the junction with Penny Lane and will continue down to the junction with Muggleton Road, the first set of works we will undertake will be to replace damaged pipework to the drainage system, near the junction of Penny Lane, this will require deep excavation works to access the damaged pipes.
Inclusive within these works is the provision for a bus stop facility, as required under planning, which is to be located next to the open space area just before the junction with Muggleton Road, this will form part of the bus route within the development.
The scope of works is as follows:
- Replace two lengths of damaged pipework to drainage system near junction with Penny Lane, this will involve full excavation and reinstatement of road construction, estimated duration 2 weeks.
- Various kerb replacements, service trench reinstatement works, base course re-regulating, replacement of some tactile paving and replacement/readjustment of damaged manhole frames plus replacement covers.
- Excavation of service trench and provision of ducting and service cable to connect to street light outside number 37 Princess Way.
- Provision of bus stop facility as described.
- Surface the whole length of Princess Way from junction of Penny Lane to junction of Muggleton Road.
- Minor street lighting works.
We are looking to start the above works on Monday 19th October 2020, starting with the drainage works, however our ground workers will look to undertake some prep work during week commencing 12th October 2020, this will include general site set up, the total duration for these works will be approximately 8 weeks.
Can I request that no cars are parked along Princess Way during the course of these works, if this request is ignored then we will not be able to complete the works, however our ground workers will be in attendance on site to assist anyone wishing to gain access along Princess Way at anytime.
There will be similar works required along Archers Way between the new care home and our new development which has just started, this will start possibly early in the new year, again, letter drops will be undertaken come nearer the time, this will also include the completion of the Service Road which forms the access to the Cricket Pavillion.
In addition to the above works I would also like to update you on the following:
- We are looking to cut the excess vegetation within the Country Park, this is required before we transfer over to Wiltshire Council, we are still liaising with various 3rd parties to dispose of the cut vegetation, this is proving more complicated than originally anticipated.
- The open space area along the corridor between the Sun Dial feature and down to Princess Way is now taking shape, we will keep monitoring it’s progress and continue it’s maintenance until ready for transfer.
- Once we have completed the construction of the Service Road plus associated drainage next to the Cricket Pavillion adjacent to Archers Way, then we will tidy up all nearby areas of landscaping, these works will probably commence during Spring time of 2021.
Once we have completed both Princess Way and Archers Way and got these both onto maintenance then we will look to start remedial works to Phase 1 (Great Amber Way/Archers Way) and Phase 2 (Goldthorp Avenue/Witan Drive), these will happen sometime during late Spring 2021, again, we will undertake letter drops come nearer the time.