Play Parks in Amesbury will be open from Saturday 4th July as per Government advice. Sport and Gym Equipment can also be used from this date.
Equipment will have been jet washed and checked for safety. The play parks in Amesbury are not manned and it is the responsibility of parents to ensure that children use the play equipment in line with current restrictions. The equipment will not be sanitized and the individual should wipe any surfaces as necessary.
The Town Council has put up notices to remind users of the play parks and gym equipment of the government recommendations and would like to:
- promote cleaning of equipment by users, parents, guardians and carers, particularly where there are clear touch points such as swing rockers, see saws, machine handles or exercise bars
- encourage outdoor gym users to bring their own towel and hygiene products and wipe down equipment after use
- encourage parents to bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean their children’s hands
- encourage hand hygiene including washing/sanitising hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and water or approved gel and foam sanitiser, particularly at the beginning and end of play
- advise users (or parents of users) not to touch their faces, and to cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available
- remind adults and children not to put their mouths on equipment or their hands in their mouths
- promote and remind users, parents, guardians and carers of the need for social distancing